Saturday 21 September 2013

Living generously the Wise Woman Way


Living generously is a theme that plays strong in many women's lives. As women, our social conditioning - and often motivate our hearts - is live generously by giving generously. and we will provide something we assured access to: ourselves. generosity that flows though us and through our lives. We give to friends, mates, children, community, even needy strangers by joey atlas scam.

Many women live generously by literally giving themselves away. but we need to be generous to ourselves as well to say that we are truly living generously? ok! Suppose we take time for ourselves, indulge yourself with a special diet, buy new clothes for ourselves, treat ourselves to a massage or a spa weekend. it is enough to say that we live generously? few of my most important teachers, after knowing me for a while, telling me that I was not generous. Since I make it a point to surround himself, and all those within my sphere, with abundance, this comment really took me aback. "What," I demanded my mentor Jean Houston, "do you mean?" "I mean reserve yourself: you hold.

You have much more that you can share, much more you can do." live generously, as he saw it, was to bring as much as yourself with all the things you can do. to throw yourself into it. another teacher told me to "jump into the volcano. glacial lake jump. otherwise you will just be a warm drink." I have done my best to incorporate these teachings, remember that living generously means living every second to its fullest. It means being generous with my true self, being generous with all of my emotions (anxiety as well as love, despair and joy as well), generous my ground (I own 55 acres of forested Catskill beauty), generous with my teachings (for almost forty years). has always been important to me that no one is denied access to my teaching for lack of money. But I discovered quite quickly giving away my teaching is not fair to me or my students.

It devalues ​​my worth. It devalues ​​the worth of my teaching. and it devalues ​​the worth students and lowers their self-esteem. in Germany, a woman wanted to attend my workshop. he could not pay, she said, for he lived off his own land and have no money. I asked them to give me something important as I will be teaching him. He insisted he did nothing. I insisted back that all is something of value when they look for it. He will attend the workshop, comes with a hand-made basket filled with her ​​own preserves, honey from his bees, fresh produce, and a woven sweater. his hands strengthened its left and its ready to receive. him a space in itself.

He shook off the embarrassment that told her she was gone. he was compelled to take me abundantly with what is offered. In this case, for me, living generously meant not giving, but demanding that my energy will meet and reciprocated. Barter does not always work out so well, though. payment in lieu of money, I am often asked to accept the job unskillful and art useless to me.

How can I live generously in this situation? How can I gain, how can I support, abundance and generosity of my students? do not by taking from my much to make up for their lack, but by eliciting and support their own worth. not by making it easy for them, but by doing so hard. Scholarship students pay half of their paid work at my homestead. I offer a work / learn days and no cash value.

Those with a thirst for knowledge flourish when given the job and accept corrections with a smile. Those who do not make use of my teaching shirk their work, feel when corrected abused, and generally give up and quit - often cursing me. So, live generously leaves room for people warmed by my fire and nourished by my words and actions come and drink deeply, while propelling people feel "burned" by My passion outside of my life. More joy for everyone! live generously comes from my excess, not from my source.

A Mexican midwife admonished me: "give your flowers. give your leaves. give your secret. least give your bones. but never, never, give your roots." So I choose to live generously, to live passionately. The world is filled with green blessings.

Every breath is a give-away dance. Will not you join me? Susun Weed PO Box 64 Woodstock, NY 12498 Fax: 1-845-246-8081 Visit Susun Weed at: wise woman center and Ash Tree Publishing vibrant, passionate, and involved, Susun Weed has garnered an international reputation for her groundbreaking lectures, teachings, and writings on health and nutrition. She challenges conventional medical approaches with humor, insight, and her vast encyclopedic knowledge of herbal medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment